To design a range of infant toys from newborn to 12 months which would aid baby in meeting development milestones through play.
- Thorough research of baby developmental milestones were conducted. Market research of competitor products were compiled along with trend research to produce initial moodboards and concept sketches for idea directions.
- Concept toys for each age range were generated in 2D and 3D CAD with the relevant stimuli; touch, sound, smell and activity for each development milestone.
- Characters were developed based on an existing range of travel toys at Babies R Us (Garden Friends) Fabrics, materials, colours and textures were sourced to suit the design and stimuli (e.g. very young infants respond to black and white patterns which were included in both plastic and textile components)
- Once the concepts were collaborated technical specifications were generated for factory prototypes.
- On approval of factory prototypes each toy was tested to the relevant EU testing standards.
- All packaging, including swing tickets, clam packs, header cards & boxes were designed and prototyped.
- On approval of all elements production specifications for were completed for manufacture in the Far East and then delivery of the product to Babies R Us.
Play to Learn toys are available nationwide, online and in Babies R Us stores.